BDK operates from modern, purpose built premises located close to Ipswich, in the east of England.
Our distribution division supplies a wide selection of high quality, high performance adhesive products and dispensing methods for a diverse range of applications and market sectors.
Utilising the latest production equipment our manufacturing divisions apply sophisticated conversion techniques to a range of adhesive and non-adhesive flexible and semi rigid materials.
BDK’s experienced employees have a wealth of knowledge in materials, converting processes and providing the right solution, gained in many instances from working at BDK for over 20 years.
Adhesive Technology Specialists
BDK has evolved from a distributor of adhesive tapes and adhesives located in and serving London to a company manufacturing and supplying globally a wide range of bespoke manufactured high performance adhesive products, with a staff of over 50 people.
Brief history of BDK
- BDK established in Beckton, London distributing packaging materials.
- Moved to Ipswich in Suffolk
- Adhesive tape conversions started
- Relocated to larger premises in Suffolk and purchased slitting and die cutting machinery.
- Purchased 1st Rotary die cutting machine.
- Achieved accreditation to BS 5750 (now known as ISO 9001)
- Expansion and relocation to a purpose built manufacturing facility in Levington, Suffolk.
- Further expansion required at the Levington site with a 2 storey office and warehouse building constructed next to our existing manufacturing facility.
- Installed Class 7 (10,000) cleanroom manufacturing unit
- Achieved accreditation to ISO 13485 for the production of Medical Devices
- Dual manufacturing building commissioned
- BDK marked their 50th year of trading
- Cleanroom Manufacturing facility extended and doubled in size